Jasc Paint Shop Pro and Photo Album (Review)

Published in "A Simple Guide to Digital Scrapbooking" in 2003.

Each year, I back up all my digital photos files out of fear that all those memories could be lost in some catastrophic hard drive crash. When it was time for this routine this year, I looked for a way to take even better care of these precious files. I know all the other digital photographers out there must have the same need to optimize, organize and back up their photos.

I've found Jasc's Paint Shop Pro and Photo Albums were just what I needed to get organized. They also allow me to transfer photos from my camera or scanner, edit and print my images, and create Web pages and CD slide shows.

But for me, the best feature is the ability to index photos and other files for future searching. For example, a few weeks ago, I needed some pictures of my husband for a particular layout. Using the software, I searched for "Michael" and found all the pictures of my husband in a snap.

No comments: