Knitted Together

Crafting is my thing. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finish a project whether it is a handmade card, a scrapbook page, or a fabric placemat. As a stay-at-home mom, there are few things I can say "look what I did!" about that I won't have to do all over again the next day or week. Creating in any craft medium does that for me. "Look at this scrapbook page I made! Isn't it good?"

Recently I took up knitting. A few years ago I did a few scarves which were fast and fun. But now I'm working on a purse. I have to follow an actual pattern this time. My skills have progressed through the process and I really enjoy working on it.

Everytime I sit down to knit, I keep thinking about a bible verse....something to do with God knitting us together in our mother's womb. How facinating the idea that God might have been sitting up in heaven working with his hands to create me. Time devoted to making just me. He must also have had a pattern. A purpose for me. My purpose for my purse is that it be used for carrying things. I have to create a handle and pockets. God must have made parts of me for just what he wants me to do too.

Knowing how proud I am of my finished projects washes me in joy thinking God might feel that way about me, His creation. God might hold me up and say, "Look at this Shawna I made. Isn't she good?"

Have you ever stopped to think of yourself as God's craft project? If you are a crafter you would appreciate what a treasure you are to Him. Are you being used for the purpose He created you?

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know full well." Psalm 139:13-14

No comments: